Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Big G

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Is41.10 NKJV

We wake with anxious thoughts and Father meets us here with this assurance. “Do not be afraid for I am your God. If any created thing were your god, you would have cause for concern. If money, or medicine or the military were your god, then your god would have but a little “g,” But I am your God the only one with the big “G.” Think of your concerns no more, for I, your God the one with the big “G” will help you.
We are strengthened in the inner man when we take these words to heart. Like a mountain which cannot be moved is one who trusts in the Lord. Peace, perfect peace rules the heart of the one stayed on these words, God is our God and He promises to help and uphold His own. What assurance does God give us? “He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?” Ro8.32 NIV 7/19/07 ts