Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, July 23, 2007

May the Circle be unbroken, And May it be a big circle!

“Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” Mt19.14 NKJV

It would be glorious to appear before the Lord with all of our family, the circle unbroken. And, what a large circle it can be. Children are God’s reward and this is certainly no less true of the spiritual children we may possess? The other day someone asked about my relationship to one young girl who comes from a broken home and who has been apart of our lives since the third grade. I could think of no better way to describe her but as my daughter. You can imagine my joy when she happened to write me the very next day and said, “I LUV U DAD!!!”
In the end it will not be material possessions or experiences such as places we've seen or things we've done that will follow us. It will be the impact of our lives on those people we have loved because of Christ. The great reward of the new heavens and earth will not be its streets of gold, but the feet of those who walk them because of the influences of our love.
May the circle be unbroken, and may it be a big circle! Father, give us many spiritual children. For He makes the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD. 7/23/07 ts