Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

“Life, life, eternal life.“

I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Phil3.14 NKJV

In the opening chapters of Pilgrims Progress, young Christian sets out for the celestial city. His family pleads with him to return to his earthly loves and not wanting to yield to the temptation, he started running, put his fingers in his ears and cried, “Life, life, eternal life.“
As I consider my many goals in my life they all come down to one. I wish to live, to live truly, to live well, to live forever. The startling claim of Jesus Christ is simply this. “I am the way, the truth, the life….” To believe this then, is to live each day enjoying Christ as both the journey and the destination. He is the goal and the very steps to it, the finishline and the track on which we run. Is His name not, "I am."
Here then is reason to rise and to greet the morning sun, “Life, life, eternal life.“ And as my feet hit the floor to set out and find His Life not only as my destination but my journey as well. 7/28/07 ts