Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

All the difference in the world

“Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go…” Gen28.15 ESV

It seems to me that the Holy Spirit is all of the time seeking to strengthen our faith by bolstering our confidence in God.
There are times when I am not sure where God may be leading, but I believe He wants us to be certain, that wherever that is, He will be there with us. And of course, knowing that makes all the difference in the world.
When Moses was speaking to God about the mission He was assigning to him, there were many particulars that God did not reveal to him. But Moses needed to know only one thing, and that was if God was coming along. “If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here.” Moses went on to say, “Is it not in your going with us, that we are distinct…?” In other words, God it is Your presence with us, that defines us. Your presence makes all the difference in the world.
When the Lord is with us, every good thing surrounds us, for God works all things for the good of those who love Him. His company transforms the mundane into magic and the ordinary into opulent opportunity. When the Lord is with us, what could possibly be against us? Knowing this makes all the difference in the world.
“Behold I am with you always…” Jesus
3/25/2008 ts