Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Girl, you're every woman in the world to me

“For your Maker is your husband…” Is54.5 ESV

When someone is in love they are always looking for new ways to say it. Of course saying it in song has always been a favorite. Back in my day, the group Air Supply came out with a popular hit which said it this way: “Girl, you're every woman in the world to me. You're my fantasy, you're my reality. Girl, you're every woman in the world to me. You're everything I need, You're everything to me Oh girl.”
God encourages us to look upon Him as Father, as Lord, King, Creator, Redeemer, Friend, our very own Husband and by so many other designations, we began to realize that He is everything to us. These names are not to be taken as mere metaphors or similes. God is not like a father, husband, or friend. He is all of these relations to us. His Fatherhood defines what it means to be a father. Every husband who would love his wife will find Him the greatest example of a husband. He is the poster child of every good thing. He is everything we need. He is everything to us. Oh God, you are! 3/7/2008 ts