Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, March 28, 2008

When prey becomes predator

…they shall mount up with wings like eagles… Is410.31 ESV

I have always liked the saying, ‘Memory is the power to gather roses in winter.” I think one of the reasons I like it is because I do not like limitations and these words give me the power to overcome at least one limitation of winter's cold.
Now my confession is not necessarily a good one, because some limitations in life are boundaries, which God has set for our protection. But, there are also many things in this life, which seek to constrict our faith and rob us our joy, and so we find in these words the power to overcome. Those who wait on the LORD, are given a supernatural strength, a peace that passes understanding. His is the power to transform from prey to predator.
The predators that would rob us, have no wings. Worry cannot ascend the mountains of worship where all who wait on God may fly. Fear and doubt may pounce as the cat but those who trust in God fly away as the little bird or better as the eagle. Once prey, now winged predator we may in turn dive from above and capture our enemies. Do you not feel the power? Wait on Him and see your wings grow. 3/28/2008 ts