Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Wanderlust

“Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.” Mt25.24 ESV

Brenda and I are adventurers. We jokingly refer to each other as Lewis and Clark. I of course, am Lewis. We love exploring and could easily spend a day wandering in the woods or wading up a creek, always wondering what’s just around that next bend. Some days we will drive a dirt road just to see where it may lead or paddle a swamp on the side of the road. The world is filled with wonder and we with wanderlust.
You can imagine how these words of Jesus stir my soul. Talk about what’s around the next bend! His Kingdom is sure to be the never-ending adventure of our eternal lifetime.
And even as these words stir my soul they also settle and quiet it. As much as I enjoy seeing new places I know that I will never see some of the popular destinations in this world. Not to worry, we feel no need to try and get it all in before our sunset. For Jesus assures us that a million years from today, Brenda and I will be somewhere wandering in that place He has prepared for us. And even though no eye has seen, nor ear heard, all that God has prepared, even though we can’t even begin to imagine it, I am sure there will be endless nooks and crannies to explore, yes, endless wood and water and the wind of wanderlust in our sails. 3/29/2008 ts