Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, March 24, 2008

So far so good!

“No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith…”Ro4.20 ESV

What has God promised you? I can think of any number of promises He has made but one stands out to me more than others. Christ promised his disciples fruitfulness. I understand this fruit to be a number of things although it is always directed toward the same purpose. He put it this way, “It is to my Father’s glory that you bear much fruit.”
Fruit then is first my personal enjoyment of God, not doubt resulting in personal transformation, love, joy, peace, patience--the very fruit of the Spirit in me. It is second the fruit of impact, that my life will find meaning helping others discover the beauty and value of God in Christ. After all, what good was Abraham’s wealth if he had no one to share it with, and no one who would inherit it? It is finally the fruit of answered prayer, that when I ask God anything needed to accomplish these things, He will give it.
The promise of fruitfulness has given purpose and direction to my life. When I wake each day, it gives me my heading. When I loose my way it has served as a compass for my soul. All I can say is that Christ’s words which direct us to abide in Him as the basis for happiness have been so far so good. Why then would I waver from this path of joy? 3/24/2008 ts