Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Don’t come alone.

And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more Mt25.19 ESV

Let me get this right. When I come to settle accounts with God, He expects me to have something to show for the time given to me in this place. Christ promised us fruitfulness; the Father is expecting it.
OK then, what exactly is God expecting us to bring? Well, according to the good book, “if I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.”
Father cares as much for our motives as He does for the mountains we might move; truthfully more so. I dare say, that the one who faithfully seeks to profit the people around them, will be better off than one who builds a church of ten thousand seeking to profit only themselves.
The great reward of heaven will not be its streets of gold, but the feet of those who walk them because of the influences of our love. When I cross the finish line, I should not cross it alone. 3/27/2008 ts