Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, February 6, 2009

“America, America, God shed His grace on thee…”

“…the wealth of the nations shall come to you.” Is.60.5 ESV

I cannot help but think of America when I read these words. We make up only six percent of the worlds population and yet we are unsurpassed in wealth and military power. We are so few, yet blessed with so much. I cannot help but think that only the God of the Old and New Testament has blessed our nation with so much and made it shine as a light of His glory to the nations. Although we have been given such a rich heritage of faith in the God of Christ, our generation is turning away to pluralism. The nations are still coming to us, but the poison of humanism has polluted our streams and the God who made us great is now called “god of our many understandings.” I’m pretty sure the “God in your face” witness of our bumper sticker generation will not return America back to her Christian roots. I fear that the dim flashlights of modern faith are unable to light the way and must be replaced with torches relit by the fires of deep trial or even good old-fashioned persecution. 2/5/2009 Conversations Within ts