Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, February 9, 2009

“But love don't feel like a ball and chain to me. When I'm close to you my heart feels wild and free.” Paul Overstreet

“…but you shall be called My Delight Is in Her, and your land Married…” Is.62.4 ESV

I am married, off the market, taken as we say. This is just as true in my relationship with Christ, as it is with my wife of thirty-three years. When a man and woman pledge themselves to one another in holy matrimony they leave behind all other romantic pursuits. And, when we pledge ourselves to Christ, we leave behind all other pursuits that do not grow out of our love for Him. This is why we may love God with all of our heart and still love other people. A proper love of others, of a pet, or of life, need not compete with our love for God. Our love of God completes all other loves. If I find myself pursuing anyone or anything that has nothing to do with my love for Christ I have forgotten my marriage vows to Him. Augustine once confessed to God, “We love You too little, when we love anything together with You, that we don’t love because of You.” 2/7/2009 Conversations Within ts