Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

"Hunger is caused by decisions made by human beings, and can be ended by making different decisions" Anonymous

“If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.” Is.58.10 ESV

When I hear these words, my thoughts run in many different directions. I think about the homeless, you know, those who are homeless because they don’t want to work. I also think of starving children in Africa and hesitate giving to organizations that promise to feed them and have a CEO pulling a six-figure salary. I think of Mother Teresa and wonder if anything I do could be described as “pouring myself out for the hungry.” The truth is that I don’t want to give out of a sense of guilt nor do I want to wait until everything is perfect before I do. I sense in my soul the overflowing spring of Your generous presence, joyfully giving even hilariously giving. I know you don’t want my money or my time, just my heart. So let me address the needs of the world by giving You my heart and as I give you mine give me Yours in return. 2/4/2009 Conversations Within ts