Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Experience has taught us that men will not adopt and carry into execution measures best calculated for their own good without the intervention of a coercive power” George Washington

O Lord, why do you make us wander from your ways and harden our heart, so that we fear you not? Is.63.17 ESV

We may as well ask why God has given us choice at all when He knows that we will many times choose unwisely. Some explain that though choice makes evil possible it also creates potential for genuine love. What is love if it is not freely given? I understand this but I also know that I struggle with conflicting desires and that choice alone is not enough to keep me true. I need help to make the right choices and until I am mature enough to do so, I would prefer that God keep me from making stupid ones. Did I just ask God to restrict my freedom? I believe that I did and I believe that He does as any good parent must do from time to time for developing children. 2/8/2009 Conversations Within ts