Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"Now, say you're sorry...and MEAN it!" Momisms

“I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit…” Is 57.15 ESV

Am I truly sorry for my sins, or just ashamed that I would think, say and do some of the things I think, say and do? Honestly, a great deal of my shame comes from believing that I am a better man than that or at least I want others to believe that I am. It would seem that my sorrow Lord isn’t always about You, so much as it is about me. It shames me now to confess this. Its nice to know and, not so nice, to be reminded that my contrition many times is nothing more than wounded pride. At the same time, I cannot help but be impressed by kindness when my self-centeredness must be so insulting to You. But, watching You, not thinking about You but thinking about me, makes me want to be like You. Let me say it while I’m able, I am sorry for the pain I cause You Lord. Conversations Within 2/3/2009 ts