Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

“Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high, There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby” Lyman Frank Baum

“In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.” Ps.4.8 ESV

Talk show host, John Tesh, has been a talking a great deal about the value of sleep on his popular radio program, “Intelligence for Your Life.” Americans typically do not get enough sleep and the lack of it shows up at work, at home and in poor physical and emotional health. There is nothing quite like a good night’s sleep. I know that various worries can keep me awake, or they creep into my dreams, wake me and I can’t go back to sleep. Just as a small dime held in front of you can block out the brilliance of the sun, our worries, real or imagined, can block from our sight the greatness of our God. But each of us can choose where we focus our thoughts. The difference between a good nights sleep and tossing and turning may be decided by choosing to feed our worries or nurture our understanding of God’s love and power. When was the last time someone sung you a lullaby. Perhaps we need to sing one to ourselves each night as we lay down to sleep. “How Great Thou Art,” “Rock of Ages,” “How Great is our God,” any number of hymns and spiritual songs will do. Take your pick and serenade yourself to sleep. “God keeps in perfect peace the mind stayed on Him.” 2/23/2009 Conversations Within ts