Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

“May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.” General George S. Patton

"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.” Mt.5.7 ESV

When I show mercy to another, I always think of the mercies I have received but I also think about the mercies I hope God will continue to give. If we expect mercy, we should certainly be gracious in giving it. But consider for a moment the greatness of God’s mercy. When we show mercy to another, we often draw upon the knowledge that we too need it. But God needs no mercy. We He extends it; it isn’t because He messed up and mercy was shown to Him. His mercy flows wholly from His goodness and for that He is to be uniquely praised. Praise the Lord, for His mercies endures forever. 11/5/2009 Conversations Within ts