Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

“Opposition may become sweet to a man when he has christened it persecution” George Eliot

"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Mt.5.10 ESV

I am sure these words have been used by people on both sides of the same hostility. I am also sure there are times when people believe they are suffering for the Lord when actually they are suffering for being foolish. I am sure I have misapplied these words to my on interactions. But let me be equally certain, if not more so, that when I do indeed suffer for Kingdom purposes, blessed happiness will be its fruit. The difference usually lies in whether our focus is on the persecution or the privilege of being identified with Christ. 11/8/2009 Conversations Within ts