Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, August 6, 2007

Absolutely

“The entirety of Your word is truth…” Ps.119.160 NKJV

Would we really expect anything less than truth from You. Well, I’m not sure. If I am honest with myself, I still have my silly superstitions. I have wondered if You might attach some undesirable something in answer to my prayer for a blessing. Say when I ask for Your provision, and You perhaps decide to take my dad home to heaven and give me the inheritance he has left us. I feel ashamed of course, that I would regard You like some leprechaun, offering a promise in one hand so that You can trick us with the other. I am sure You have watched me try to put together a prayer, somehow foolishly thinking that if I don’t say it right, you will give me a snake when I meant to ask for a fish.
And, even though I affirm to myself and to others that I believe Your word is true, I sometimes hold You suspect, put You on trial so to speak, for some of the things that You allow.
Let me repent. Let me say to my heart, that Your word is entirely true, and not just in some abstract sense but in the absolute sense that it always and entirely reflects Your perfect goodness and love. Address my sinful superstitions, and may I never again hold you suspect of anything except abounding goodness. Is Your word entirely true? Absolutely! 8/6/07 ts