Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

“Don’t look down.“

In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul. Ps94.18-19 NKJV

The worries of life are many. The comforts of the Lord are no less. For every worldly concern there is a divine remedy. For every frightful alarm there is His powerful presence.
What is the one phrase said to someone when they are trying to do something up high? “Don’t look down.“ If I set my eyes on my concerns I will most likely feel, fear or anxiety. But if I contemplate the comforts of Christ He will keep me in perfect peace. Don’t look down on the cares of this world but look up at Father’s tender mercies. One of the first verses I learned after believing in Christ said simply, “Cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you.“ My cares are still with me, but so too are His comforts. 8/23/07 ts