Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, August 17, 2007

One Director, and One Audience

But “he who glories, let him glory in the LORD.” For not he who commends himself is approved, but whom the Lord commends. 2Co10.17 NKJV

These words encourage us to seek and find our approval from God. Author Jean Fleming in her book, Between Walden and the Whirlwind, puts the Christ centered life in a nutshell, by saying that we should have one Director, and one Audience.
As I begin each day let me look to Him for direction. When I come to the end of each day, let me consider my performance through His eyes. I think that the seeds of hypocrisy exist anytime we care more of what men may think of us than we do about what God thinks of us. It is easy to perform, to play act for the sake of petty pride. What God approves and commends is to be our first and last consideration. 8/17/07 ts