Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, October 2, 2009

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” Anonymous

“knowing that shortly I must put off my tent…” 2Pt.1.14

There is an interesting application on the social networking website Facebook. It supposedly tells you the date and manner of your death. Jesus gave Peter a few insights into his own death. Church tradition tells us the apostle was crucified upside down. Most of us are spared such details. Very few people, if any know the day they will die or how it will come about. I vividly remember my mother telling me after they found a spot on her lung that she had two years to live. I knew she was speaking from her experience as a nurse. People pretty much know that we live in a temporal tent. But the truth is that each of us will survive death; the real question is will we survive judgment. The good news is that Jesus offers His services as Advocate. I for one would not think of coming to Judgment without Him. 10/1/2009 Conversations Within ts