Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

“The purpose of influence is to speak up for those who have no influence”. Rick Warren

“I am exceedingly angry with the nations that are at ease.” Zech.1.15 ESV

I remember being sorely displeased whenever my children refused to share their toys. But I also have wonderful memories of times when each of them not only gave to meet another’s need, but also sacrificed to do it. It is abundantly clear that God expects us to not only share but also to sacrifice if necessary to help our neighbors. He is not happy when we sit around in the ease of wealth while millions suffer starvation and oppression. But where can we begin when even Jesus told us “the poor you have with you always?” Mother Theresa offered us a great place to start. “If you can't feed a hundred people, then just feed one.” 10/11/2009 Conversations Within ts