Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

“People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their happiness...

...Yet true happiness comes from a sense of peace and contentment, which in turn must be achieved through the cultiv” Dalai Lama

“The LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.” Ps.1 ESV

When I think about it, just about every unhappy moment in my life has come from times when I was thinking only about me. The way of the wicked is overgrown with selfishness. The way of the righteous isn’t concerned only with what is right for oneself, but what is right for the whole. This does not mean that righteous people do not think about their own happiness. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be happy; God designed us with an inclination for it. Wickedness comes into play when we make our happiness more important than the happiness of others or at the expense of what is right. 6/3/2010 Conversations Within ts