Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds. ~JoJo Jensen, Dirt Farmer Wisdom

“Do not give your strength to women, your ways to those who destroy kings.” Prov.31

We can give our strength to any number of unprofitable activities and before we know it, we have but little oomph left to truly live. The encouragement here is to avoid expending energy on things that take much but return little. Small habits can put a big drain on our liveliness. What saps the life from my life? Sadly, some have given their best years to tobacco, or TV, others to negative and critical attitudes. Some exercise too little, others too much. We should give our strength to actions and attitudes that return strength to us. Does my inner life and attitudes empty my energy stores or empower them? Do my eating, and exercise habits rob or replenish me? 5/31/2010 Conversations Within ts