Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, June 14, 2010

“Seek first to understand then to be understood.” Stephen Covey

“If one gives an answer before he hears, it is his folly and shame.” Prov.18 ESV

Someone asked me the other day what was one thing I really liked about living on the road. Without a doubt, it is meeting new people, listening to some of their story and sharing some of mine. What better way to gain and give new perspectives on living? Sometimes I ask questions in the sharing. A well-placed question can turn into a morning of stimulating conversation I think it is important to be a good listener. Slow to speak quick to listen is how the Good Book puts it. Everyone has something to offer and listening is the key to learning. I think each of us should give God credit for working in people who come from all types of backgrounds and not assume that He is only working in mine. 6/7/2010 Conversations Within ts