Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

“I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.” Mother Teresa

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2Cor.12 ESV

The other night Brenda and I were watching the movie “Defiance,” which is about a group of Jews trying to survive Hitler's persecutions. In one particularly moving scene someone prays, “We have no more prayers, no more tears; we have run out of blood. Choose another people. Sanctify another land...Grant us but one more blessing: take back the gift of our holiness.”
It is the edge of the sword that cuts, the edge of darkness where light appears and the edge of the cliff where new heights are revealed. God may take us to the edge of our limits before we finally lay hold of His unlimited power. God is often found on the edge. 2/9/2011 Conversations Within ts (Oak Mountain, AL)