Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, February 25, 2011

“Truly to sing, that is a different breath.” Rainer Maria Rilke

“Truly to sing, that is a different breath.” Rainer Maria Rilke

“The LORD is my strength and my song.” Ex.15 ESV

How do I describe the power of music in my soul. I cannot imagine life without it. And, no matter what the song, I confess that Christ has become the melody of each and everyone. Remember how I used to sing to You in my youth, long before “Christian music” was a developed genre. Every love song on the radio became a song to You or Your song to me. You were “killing me softly with Your song, telling my life with Your words,” and I would sing Your praise, “You feel up my senses, like a mountain in springtime.” Even now, every upbeat tune raises my soul in the celebration of life with You. Every sad song works in me a contemplative grace. Every note releases my every feeling. You are the power of music in me O Son of David. You are my strength and my song. 2/22/2011 Conversations Within ts (Gunterhill, AL)