Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

“We now no longer camp as for a night, but have settled down on earth and forgotten heaven.” Henry David Thoreau

“Our Father in heaven...” Mt.6

I confess an affection for life and by that I mean life as I know it now. I suppose this is why it is taking me so long to understand the Scripture that says that God's loving kindness is better than life. What could be better than life? But I must admit that life could be better. I also confess that everything good about life carries the fragrance of His aroma and everything not so good, the stench our rebellion against Him. “What would my life be without God?” Without His company, His companionship, His purpose, in short, without His loving kindness, life would be reduced to mere existence or at best a selfish and empty struggle for happiness in a place that gives us a taste of life but never lets us fully posses it. God's loving kindness is better than life, better than life as we know it here. There, in that new place, His loving kindness is life. 1/27/2011 Conversations Within ts (Gunterhill, AL)