Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

“Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. but he's good. He's the King, I tell you.'" The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe C. S. Lewis

“Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. but he's good. He's the King, I tell you.'" The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe C. S. Lewis

“You discern my thoughts from afar.” PS.139

Lord , You see what I think. This means that You not only know when I think about You but also what I think about You. And, I am certainly ashamed at some of the things I have thought about You. You know there are times when I think You to be cruel and calloused. I don't know what to think when You allow someone to be raped or do not intervene when a child burns to death in a trailer. Oh, I am not blaming You when these things happen, I just can't wrap my thoughts around some of the stuff You allow. But You see things from your place in Heaven that I cannot see from my place on earth. Remind me not only of my place but also of Your place, that very same place You sat when Christ suffered on the cross. You are always seated on the throne. Forgive me my arrogant presumptions and to help me trust that You are not only good but good all of the time. 2/4/2011 Conversations Within ts (Davidson River, NC)