Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, February 21, 2011

“If Christians want us to believe in a Redeemer, let them act redeemed.” Voltaire

“If Christians want us to believe in a Redeemer, let them act redeemed.” Voltaire

“You are not your own for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.” 1Cor.6 ESV

To say that my life does not belong to me may seen strange to those outside Christian faith. But truly my life is not mine. I belong to God twice over. He created me and owns me by that right, then He purchased me again with the precious blood of His dear Son to redeem my life from judgment. This means that my life in general as well as my life in all it's particulars belong to Him. Good health, ill health, poverty or riches, a life of ease or one of hardship all come down from what He decides. This is not to say that we should neglect these resources but that we are to humbly accept from His hand all He provides as our bread for the day. 2/13/2011 Conversations Within ts (Oak Mountain, AL)