Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Perhaps our instinctive fear of falling is God's way of helping us discover the value of contentment despite our fascination to walk on the edge.

“ Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment,” 1Tim.6

I am fascinated by the desire that some people have to risk life and limb by walking on the edge. There are many edges in life. I confess that I have from time to time given into the adrenalin rush of easing over to the edge of a canyon. But when I review such actions I find little wisdom in them. Don't get me wrong, I love hiking up mountain slopes, rock climbing and rappelling into canyons but I do not want to be a thrill seeker. Let me learn the fine line of contentment and the pure enjoyment that comes from an adventure. Perhaps the key lies in me not outside me. When I am content, everywhere is an adventure; descending into a canyon is just another one. One person enters a canyon wanting to find happiness, another enters the same canyon because the happiness inside them naturally overflows into every activity. I am still very much in school on this one. 8/3/2011 Conversations Within ts (Zion National Park)