Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

“When the plane you are on is late, the plane you want to transfer to is on time.” Author Unknown

“For he is God's servant for your good.” Rom.13

God tells us some things in the Bible that are hard to swallow but so are a lot of medicines. One is that governments are His servants. Jesus tells us to pay our taxes, obey and even honor those in government even though we may disagree strongly with their policies. We may not like aspects of the government but God uses it all of the time to work His purposes in the world. Now if this is true, it is just as true that little inconveniences are also God's servants. If a storm causes me to miss my flight, I should view it as God adjusting my travel plans and not an inconvenience. God's adjustments to our schedule may not be suited to our comfort but they are surely designed for our good. 8/8/2011 Conversations Within ts (Zion National Park)