Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, August 26, 2011

“Tigers die and leave their skins; people die and leave their names.” Japanese Proverb

“Judas, who would betray him, answered, "Is it I, Rabbi?" He [Jesus] said to him, "You have said so." Mat.26 ESV



I do not know anyone named Judas. Who would want give their child a name that has become synonymous with the word betrayer. Actually the name Judas means “peephole,” and refers to that hole in a door that people use to see whose knocking probably because you want to know if you can trust the person at the door before you open it.

When I am gone will people want to give my name to their children? Names like Judas, or Hitler have been forever stamped by their owners. Will I tarnish my name or add an ambiance of virtue to it? Will the life I live add anything to my name at all? I am not sure which is worse, to tarnish a name or add nothing to it whatsoever. 8/17/2011 Conversations Within ts (Windsor Rock, AL)