Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

“Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.” Author Unknown

“A bruised reed he will not break...” Is.42 ESV



I am one of those people who always has a scrape, bump or bruise. I pretty much expect it when I am scrambling over rocks but here at our current camp sight we have a grill built into the ground and everyone in our party seems to have found it in the dark with an ankle or shin. When it comes to cuts and bruises it is never an “if” but a “when.” This is also the case where metaphorical cuts and bruises are concerned. Mishaps happen. No one likes them but we should learn to appreciate their value. They teach us the importance of paying attention, that some things are out of our control, and that pain is something to be expected. I am grateful for bruises if only because they teach me to review at the end of the day. 8/9/2011 Conversations Within ts (Zion National Park)