Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

“There was once a boy named Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it.” Voyage of the Dawn Treader

“But Saul, who was also called Paul...” Acts. 13



A number of people have changed their name for one reason or another. After he became a Christian the apostle changed his name from Saul, a man of greatness, to Paul which means insignificant. Rather than change my name, I'm trying to live up to it. My parents named me well. In it I have something to aspire to; something already true about me, and a reminder of something that is true even if I don't act like it. My last name is Stewart which reminds me that I am a steward of everything I possess. My life is not my own, though much of the time I act like it is. My middle name Keith means lover of the forest. I certainly find joy any where there is wood, wind and water. My first name Timothy means to honor God and this is of course what I would aspire to do with my life. I am well named, now if I could only live up to it. 8/14/2011 Conversations Within ts (Pagosa Springs, CO)