Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

“A day without laughter is a day wasted.” Charlie Chaplin

“He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting.” Job 8 ESV

I need to learn how to laugh at life's little bumps. It is far better to laugh than to lose your temper. I have a friend who is fond of saying that, “It isn't easy being easy but I'm easy.” I am one of those people who can fight whatever I am doing. I can fight taking the lid off a jar, washing the car, or learning to surf. This spills over into things like trying to live the Christian life. I suppose this is why I love the quote from the movie “With Honors,” “You try too hard...winners don't know they are in a race, they just love to run.” Perhaps learning how to laugh at myself will make a lover out of a fighter. Spirit teach me, for your laughter is contagious. 9/13/11 Conversations Within ts (Jacksonville, FL)