Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

“Your quality will be known among your enemies, before ever you meet them.” Kingdom of Heaven

“As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.” Psa.16 ESV

I once saw a movie where an American GI shot two Japanese who had surrendered just because he did not want to bother guarding them. I felt anger swelling up in me and spoke loudly at the television screen, “You're not an American!” I felt betrayed by his actions because he was tarnishing everything I believe America to stand for. I watched a movie the other night where Christians were shooting Muslims in some ethnic struggle somewhere in the world. I found myself yelling again, “You're not a Christian....” Of course it does no good to yell at the TV; perhaps I should turn my anger toward my own bad representations of being a disciple of Jesus. If there is ever a time to pursue excellence, it is before one's enemies. If everything we do is done with excellence it may turn enemies into friends. 9/20/11 Conversations Within ts (Gunter Hill, AL)