Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

“I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.” Woody Allen

“Sorrow is better than laughter, for by sadness of face the heart is made glad. ” Ecc. 7

These words could be understood to mean that sorrow is sometimes more appropriate than laughter. One might be when you are in the company of someone weeping and it would be best to weep with them. Another might be when we find something funny that isn't funny at all. I am ashamed at some of the things I have found humorous. If I question why I find some things funny I get a real good glimpse of my depraved condition. This reminds me of another time when sorrow is better than laughter and that is when we grieve over the grief that we bring to God. 9/16/11 Conversations Within ts (Jacksonville, FL)