Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

“To have God speak to the heart is a majestic experience...

an experience that people may miss if they monopolize the conversation and never pause to hear God's responses.” Charles Stanley


“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.” Jo.10 ESV

The main reason I believe in God is not because creation makes more sense to me than evolution does, though I could never believe that chance alone produced something as complex as a pair of eyes. This kind of reasoning certainly influences my belief but it is not the principle reason behind it. The main reason I believe in God is because of my interactions with Him each day. I could no more deny His existence than I could my wife's. He talks to me every day. He answers me when I talk to him. I ask Him for something and He responds just as I ask my wife to pass the salt and she does. The other day I asked Him to help me remember someones name and the very next day I received a Facebook friend request even though I have not seen the person in years. No doubt those who believe that chance produced all the intricate complexities in our world could also dismiss all answered prayer as mere coincidence. There is no reason to argue about it. We must give room for people to dismiss God, He does, at least for the present. 9/9/11 Conversations Within ts (Jacksonville, FL)