Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

”Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.” Guillaume Apollinaire

“Happy are the pure in heart for they shall see God.” Jesus

I believe that the motive behind everything we do is the simple desire to be happy. But I also think that happiness is better thought of as a result, rather than a pursuit. When I chase happiness it always eludes me. When I give myself to activities that produce happiness, it always follows me. Happiness to us is what a wake is to a ship. The wake is never out in front of the ship but always follows it when it stays its course. Happiness isn't something to chase; imagine a ship chasing its wake. Happiness will follow us when we pursue the course God has set for us. What course is that? Love of course! Love God with all our hearts and love our neighbor as we love ourselves and lasting happiness will follow us all the days of our lives. 9/8/11 Conversations Within ts (Jacksonville, FL)