Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

“Charity sees the need, not the cause.” German Proverb

“Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.” Jesus

I am grateful that God helps me even when I am the main reason I need help in the first place. In light of this, it seems rather obvious that I should not withhold helping others until they deserve it. I am amazed that I actually have these thoughts. Let me be as gracious to others as God is gracious to me. Of course that is impossible in one sense. When I show mercy it is because I have been shown mercy. When God shows mercy, He does so because it is His nature to be merciful. God has never needed mercy, but He finds in Himself the need to show it because He is mercy. Oh that I would become thus. 8/25/2011 Conversations Within ts (Between, AL)