Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, September 2, 2011

"You will find, as you look back on your life, that the moments that stand out are the moments when you have done things for others." - Henry Drummond

“So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.” 1Cor.3 ESV

As I open the present of this day, let me share its joys with those around me, for sharing multiplies the joy. But how can you share joy with the unhappy? Some people are so downright miserable and nothing you do seems to cheer them up. I cannot choose joy for another but I can certainly choose it for myself. We are told to love and serve them, then leave the rest to God. The prayer of Saint Francis gives us the right focus. We pray that where there is sadness we may “sow joy.” It is silly to try to reap joy in others before God brings it to harvest. We may plant joy, even water it, but only God can give joy's increase. We must find our joy in loving and serving not in the response that people may or may not have to our acts of kindness. 8/26/2011 Conversations Within ts (Between, AL)