Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

“Even if you say to this mountain…” Jesus

“I will give thanks to your name, O Lord, for it is good.” Ps.54.6 ESV

To believe in the goodness of God in the midst of personal pain and to express it by giving thanks to Him, is itself a great good. I mean that it is beneficial to us, soul hardy, if you will, to affirm that God is working good even when it looks bad and to tell Him so in the simple words, “Thank you.” Gratitude expresses and strengthens faith all in the same breath and is for us the medicine of the soul. Gratitude also benefits the prayers we say for others. As I pray for family and friends, I have found it helpful to enter His gates with thanksgiving for and about each one. Doing this often shapes everything that I would ask for them. Thanksgiving will infuse weak prayers with strength and turn a feeble request into confident command. 4/27/2009 Conversations Within ts