Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

“God will not look you over for medals, degrees, or diplomas, but for scars.” Elbert Hubbard

"…your steadfast love and your faithfulness will ever preserve me! For evils have encompassed me beyond number…” Ps.40.11-12 ESV

Let me get this straight. God loves me and evil surrounds me; evil surrounds me and God loves me. I think it important to realize and the sooner the better, that it is not so much that God’s love means a carefree life of wealth, health and ease, as it is that He promises to care for us through tough times. The Lord is able to keep us from storms but often chooses, even prefers, to see us though them. He has not promised a life free from tribulation indeed He promises just the opposite. In fact, the Bible records great hardship in the lives of those who loved and called upon the Lord and often because they called upon Him. We may wonder why God not only allows such suffering to come upon His children but He promises it. Can it be that He really does view proven faith as more valuable than gold or physical health or freedom or even life? Jesus said He does and until we do, some of His ways may seem crude even cruel to us. 4/9/2009 Conversations Within ts