Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, April 10, 2009

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." C.S. Lewis

“O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am! Ps.39.4 ESV

Why would we want God to help us keep in mind how short life is in this place? Is it to teach us the value of time or something else? We’ve heard it said that time is precious and we should not waste a moment of it. But another way of looking at it, is that life is so brief, so short lived that really doesn’t amount to much no matter what we do. I am speaking of course about life here under the sun. We can try to squeeze in as many life experiences as we can but living this way is like going to Disney World and having only thirty minutes to enjoy it. So little time is allotted to us here. If this is all there is to life it seems hardy worth the effort! And, that may very well be the point that God wants to press home, not to bring despair mind you so much as to create a change in our focus. David concludes “And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you. 4/ 8/2009 Conversations Within ts