Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” Thornton Wilder

“…the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord.” Ps.33.5 ESV

We depend on all that is dependable; even take these things for granted. The sun rose this morning, gravity holds me in my seat, my eyes process light, my lungs air, my belly food. Should we not be as constant in our appreciation as God is constant in love? May the Lord come to expect our daily praise as we have come to expect the rising sun. Imagine the Father and Son lifting their head, confident at the time of the evening sacrifice, to listen to sweet sound of grateful praise coming from the lips of their children. Do we not stoop to smell the rose and expect its sweet fragrance? Shouldn’t God expect the pleasant aroma of thanksgiving when He stoops to inhale our prayers? 3/31/2009 Conversations Within ts