Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

“Some men think that they must come to him in a certain way -

that they must be stirred by emotion or something like that.” Billy Sunday

“I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” and you forgave the iniquity of my sin.” Ps.32.5 ESV

This passage has provided me a well-worn path to the throne of grace, one that I have used to lift burden of my guilt. I wish I could say that I have been equally concerned with how much my sin has hurt God and while I am slowly waking to this, I fear that my confessions of guilt are still rather self-centered. I must confess my confessions. The truth is that sometimes I want the weight of my sin lifted, so I don’t feel so very bad. Still the joy of forgiveness is a precious thing and I have never once been turned away. God forgives! I have always believed that He is more willing to forgive than we are willing to ask for it. I don’t think God necessarily wants us to necessarily feel bad, as it is that He wants us to repent and if feeling bad hinders that because of some wounded pride, it would be better to forget feelings and just attend to one’s attitudes and actions. 3/30/2009 Conversations Within ts