Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

“The main art in the matter of spiritual living is to know how to handle yourself.” Martin Lloyd Jones

“The main art in the matter of spiritual living is to know how to handle yourself.” Martin Lloyd Jones

“Hope in God; for I shall again praise him…” Ps.42.5 ESV

Do you ever talk to yourself? Here the Psalmist is doing just that; He is speaking to his own heart. He is telling himself that though the night is long, sunrise is coming. Sometimes talking to your self is the best remedy for listening to your self. And, what do you say when you are talking to your self? You speak the truth of course! Learning to preach truth to your heart, to argue your self out of moods of doubt and fear, is one of the most important skills in life. To borrow a mountaineering phase, it is a kind of “self-rescue.” I may not feel like praising God today, but every hope that I have in Christ tells me I shall praise Him again tomorrow. 4/14/2009 Conversations Within ts