Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, April 6, 2009

“I love a meal that ‘sticks to your bones.’”

“All my bones shall say, “O Lord, who is like you…” Ps.35.10 ESV

If you have ever heard anyone say that they were “bone cold” or “chilled to the bone,” you knew they were trying to tell you that they were seriously cold. It’s hard to get any deeper than your bones. We may take it that when David’s prayed, “All my bones shall say,” he was trying put into words his very deep appreciation of God’s mercy. He felt it in the core of his being. He felt it in his bones. Lord, sometimes I think I need a bone marrow transplant. I need You to replace the unhealthy marrow of my doubts and fears with the strong marrow of confident faith and praise. I want the very core of my being to radiate the spiritual health of a grateful heart. I want to know your great value in Christ I want to believe Your goodness in my bones. 4/3/2009 Conversations Within ts