Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, July 2, 2010

“In passing, we should note this curious mark of our own age:

“In passing, we should note this curious mark of our own age: the only absolute allowed is the absolute insistence that there is no absolute.” Francis Schaeffer

“Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.” Ps.25 ESV

To ask God to lead us in truth is to believe in the very least that there is some truth to lead us to. Pilate once asked Jesus, “What is truth?” The question is still echoed today. Is there an absolute truth--a reality that transcends mere opinion? One would think that any thing God says would qualify. For me, it is really quite simple. I believe in Jesus. I believe in his life, his teachings and not just the ones that make me comfortable but every word He said. I believe in Jesus because I believe Jesus is more than a mere man but God come to us in human flesh. I believe this because of His resurrection. And, I believe in the resurrection not because of warm fuzzy feelings in my heart but because there were eyewitnesses that I have come to trust by looking at the fruit of their life. But ultimately my faith in Christ is inseparably connected to my faith not in the frail and fallible disciples who passed along His life and teaching but in the power of an infallible God to bring His word to me through them. 6/28/2010 Conversations Within ts